Health and Human Performance
Bachelor of Science
Teacher Licensure Option
Health and Physical Education K-12
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate safe and effective teaching methods in fitness, motor skills, adventure activities and health enhancement to diverse populations.
- Apply scientific principles of kinesiology, exercise physiology, nutrition, and motor learning in teaching.
- Plan, organize, and implement management plans for facilities, equipment, space for teaching and other classroom management concerns.
- Assess self, peer teachers, and student learning outcomes.
- Recognize and plan effectively for student safety concerns inherent in physical activities.
- Make accommodations in physical activities and health that allow the special needs student to meet the objectives of the class.
- Devise effective teaching strategies for appropriate age group for basic and current health topics.