Once Accepted into the ATP
- Students must complete a plan of study for the Office of Graduate Studies and Research
- Students must have a technical standards on file and updated yearly
- Students immunizations must be current
- It is strongly encouraged and highly recommended that the students have a Hepatitis B Vaccination, if not the student must sign a waiver form.
- A two-year (First Year: June-June and Second Year: August – May) minimum time period will be allowed for the completion of the required clinical hours (1000 total) once the student is admitted into the program.
Program and Retention Requirements
- Students must be enrolled in the Athletic Training Education Program for a minimum of 2 years (1st year June-June, 2nd year August-May). First year students are required to begin Clinical Education I prior to their first fall semester enrollment. Clinical Education I typically begins the second Monday in July.
- Students must successfully complete a criminal background check prior to beginning clinical rotations.
- Students must maintain a current CPR for the professional rescuer.
- Student must have technical standard completed and updated as needed (at minimum once per year)
- Students must take the MSUB ATP and affiliated site, Blood Borne Pathogens OSHA Training each year.
- Students must maintain MMR immunization and current TB test.
- Students must maintain personal liability insurance 1 & 3 million.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (earning at least a 2.0 for didactic courses and 3.0 for clinical courses).
- Student must accrue a minimum of 1000 clinical education experience hours over the course of two annual years.
- While students are taking didactic courses (September-December and January-May) the student will be required to have a minimum of 10 hours per week with a maximum of 20 hours per week. However, students not taking a didactic course (prior to/after courses, school breaks), student may have a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- In order to achieve the 1000 hour minimum requirement, an average of 15 hours per week will be necessary.
- Students must have 1 day off (during every seven day period) during clinical education experiences.
- First year students must be available to begin their clinical education no later than the first summer session and no later than the 3rd week of January.
- Second year students must be available to begin their clinical educational no later than 2nd week of August and no later than the 3rd week of January.
- Student must complete a thesis or research project under the supervision of department faculty.
- Students must successfully complete clinical/field experiences each semester and must pass all competencies and field experience evaluations.
- Students must read and sign the policy and procedure manual.
- Students must meet with the program director or clinical supervisor at least once per semester.
- Students may be required to complete any other necessary criteria as requested by an Affiliated Site