Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Prerequisite Courses (need to have equivalent and evaluated transcript)
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (or 1 course in Human Anatomy and 1 course in Human Physiology)
- Exercise Physiology
- General Nutrition
- General Psychology
- Preferred but do not require Motor Learning and Undergraduate research course
- 3.0 GPA (will consider below 2.75 if meets all other criteria)
- Application for Graduate School
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a Certified Athletic Trainer)
- Application Essay (addressing career goals, which skills/attributes will make candidate successful in graduate school and profession)
- GRE or equivalent exam on record
- Recommend (but not require) candidates have 25-50 hours of observation with a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Applications are due by February 15th with applicants being notified within 2-3 weeks of deadline.
- Students may apply after the February 15th deadline, however they will be at a competitive disadvantage.
The application process is a competitive and selective process. Complete applications are reviewed by a committee and the top 10 candidates are selected and invited to join the program. For those candidates who meet admittance guidelines but were not in the top 10, we do have a wait list. If one of the top 10 candidates informs graduate studies that they will NOT be attending the ATEP at MSUB, we then extend an offer of invitation to a student on the wait list.
Other Very Important Information
- We limit our cohorts to 10 students/per year
- Students need to have a physical and complete the Technical Standards prior to starting classes.
- Students must have a current TB test (within 1 year)
- Students are strongly encouraged to have a Hepatitis B Vaccination.
Classes for new students begin the 2nd Monday in July.