MSUB Athletic Training Program Vision, Mission, Objectives and Core Values
The program provides didactic and a variety of clinical opportunities in collaboration with the community over the course of the two year program (including summers prior and during the two years). The faculty is committed to preparing athletic trainers who evidence the highest ideals of the Athletic Training profession.
The vision of the MSUB ATP is to be a leader in entry level athletic training education.
The mission of the MSUB ATP is to prepare future entry level masters' athletic trainers through educational challenges and clinical opportunities who will then serve and contribute to the Athletic Training profession through education, scholarship, clinical service, and professional involvement.
MSUB's ATEP fulfills its mission by the following objectives:
- Exposing the ATP students to a variety of clinical experiences which will allow them to become clinically proficient. The clinical experiences will include but not limited to college, high school, outpatient rehabilitation, general medical, orthopedic, and sports performance.
- Affording the ATP students opportunities to be involved in professional development. Some examples of professional development include attendance at Athletic Training Forums, Sideline Coaches Clinic, Magic City Sports Medicine Conference, Montana Sports Medicine Residency presentations as well as state, district and national athletic training conferences.
- Engaging, challenging, and supporting students to successfully complete the ATP and to be BOC exam eligible.
Respect of all
Responsibility to others
Service to the profession
Engagement in lifelong learning
- The students will meet or exceed minimal requirements for professional certification.
- Students will ascertain and demonstrate the required skills for all NATA Athletic Training Education competencies and clinical integration proficiencies.
- Students will display critical thinking skills and formulate sound clinical decisions in their clinical field experiences.
- The students will establish professional relationships with medical and allied health care providers.
- The students will develop, design, and execute independent research projects.