Online Write Lab
Welcome to the Online Writing Lab! Using this service, you can email your drafts to the tutors at the Learning Lab and receive feedback on your work. When tutors respond to your drafts, they will point out the types of errors you are making and answer any specific questions you have provided. They will not proofread your draft word by word for you, but they will teach as they go, as they read through your draft.
- Save your assignment in rich text format.
- Attach it to an email to email@example.com.
- Type your teacher's name, the name of your class, and the assignment criteria in the body of the email. Also, if you are using a software program other than Microsoft Word, please indicate that here.
- Type the specific questions you have for the tutors or specific areas you would like the tutors to review.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the tutor's comments and suggestions and then revise your paper.
- REMEMBER, due to the volume of papers received, tutors will require 24 hour turn-around to return your drafts. Send in your essays well before your deadlines.
- If you have sent in your first draft far enough ahead of your deadline, you and the tutor can also exchange your improved drafts, before you hand in the final version of your assignment. For an example of what tutors can do for you, click here.
If you cannot see the tutor comments on your draft, try the following procedures.
- Under the View menu of your software program, choose Print Layout View.
- Under the Tools menu of your software program, choose Track Changes.
- Under the View menu of your software program, choose Markup.
If you try all three of these suggestions and still cannot view the tutor comments, then you may be using a software program that is not compatible with the Microsoft Word comment feature. Call the Writing Lab at 657-2105 for further assistance.