The Academic Support Center is staffed by a team of dedicated professionals who support student success at MSU Billings. Our instructors teach courses in developmental writing, mathematics and reading. We also employ tutors in the areas of writing, mathematics, reading, science, business and other subjects. If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the appropriate application (found below).
The ASC hires the following types of positions:
- Full-time and part-time Academic Support Center instructors
- Professional tutors who have a degree in math, English, or a related field
- Student tutors (peer tutors) who are pursuing a degree at MSU Billings
Interested in Becoming a Peer Tutor?
For information, contact:
Director, Academic Support Center
Office: SUB 163
All applicants must follow a standard application procedure by supplying:
- A letter of interest citing any past tutoring/teaching experiences and related coursework completed in high school and/or college
- A transcript for each college attended
- A completed tutor application and tutor contract
- A current class schedule indicating tutoring availability
Each math and writing applicant must complete a diagnostic test to familiarize the applicant with general concepts addressed by tutors in the lab and indicate areas the applicant may need to review. Each applicant must also agree to attend CRLA tutor training.
Interested in Becoming a Professional Tutor?
If you already have your degree* and are interested in becoming a
professional tutor, please
fill out the
Professional Application and submit
it to the Director.
*Degree must be in a field related to the area for which you are applying to tutor.