Advising Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Repeat Cards

In order to inform the Office of Admissions and Records of a repeated course, the student must file a Repeat Card with the Office of Admissions and Records.  Repeat cards are located in the Office of Admissions and Records and the Advising Center.

When a course which a student has previously attempted is repeated, only the most recent course credit and grade is calculated into the student's grade point average, even if the most recent grade is lower. (Note: the original course and the grade remain on the official transcript in addition to the more recent course and grade).

No pre-requisite course may be repeated if the more advanced course has been completed with a grade of "C" or better. Exception may be considered upon appeal to the chairperson of the department in which the course is offered.

 "" Return to FAQ page

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings |