Advising Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Financial Aid

Federal Regulations require that students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive financial aid.  A student who has been denied financial assistance or who has been placed on financial aid suspension because of failure to maintain satisfactory academic progress may appeal in writing to the Financial Aid Appeals Committee.

It may be possible for the Committee to make a professional judgment to certify that a student is not making satisfactory progress because of unusual circumstances beyond his/her control, such as personal medical problems or the death of an immediate family member.  All circumstances must be documented. 

Please see the Financial Aid web site for various financial aid forms.  The appeal form is called Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form.

The appeal requires your advisor to fill out a plan of study and sign it.  Please allow enough time for your advisor to complete this for you several days in advance of the appeal deadline. For more information on how to request a plan of study, call Advising at 406-657-2240.

Please see the Financial Aid web site forms and select MSU Billings General Scholarship Application.

 "" Return to FAQ page

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings |