Health and Wellness I Human Performance I Outdoor Adventure Leadership I Teacher Licensure I Athletic Training
Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance - Teacher Licensure Option Health and Physical Education K-12
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate safe and effective teaching methods in fitness, motor skills, adventure activities and health enhancement to diverse populations.
2. Apply scientific principles of kinesiology, exercise physiology, nutrition, and motor learning in teaching.
3. Plan, organize, and implement management plans for facilities, equipment, space for teaching and other classroom management concerns.
4. Assess self, peer teachers, and student learning outcomes.
5. Recognize and plan effectively for student safety concerns inherent in physical activities.
6. Make accommodations in physical activities and health that allow the special needs student to meet the objectives of the class.
7. Devise effective teaching strategies for appropriate age group for basic and current health topics.