Health and Wellness I Human Performance I Outdoor Adventure Leadership I Teacher Licensure I Athletic Training I Interdisciplinary Studies
Bachelor of Science Degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership
The Outdoor Adventure Leadership degree develops leadership skills, awareness of group dynamics, facilitation methods and effective communication techniques. This degree combines the stude of educational and leadership theory and practice with technical outdoor travel and adventure.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Plan, implement, and evaluate adventure experiences in areas encompassed in the program.
2. Demonstrate safe and effective leadership in the skill areas encompassed in the program, consistent with professional standards, including risk management.
3. Facilitate and evaluate participant learning outcomes in outdoor adventure experiences.
4. Professionally communicate knowledge and demonstrate skill of adventure activities and programming.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in evaluating participant performance in outdoor adventure activities.
Speciality Outdoor Training Schools
Outdoor and Environmental Education Centers
Municipal Park and Recreation Departments
Land Management Agencies
Student Recreation in Higher Education
Commercial Guiding Operations